Help! got stuck on the DS2100/3100

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Help! got stuck on the DS2100/3100
From: Frieder Streffer <frist@lehr.chem.tu-berlin.de>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 22:56:21 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi there,
I had some time these days to do some work on the DS2100/3100 port.
I found 2 scheduling hazards in the macros SAVEALL and RESTOREALL, after
this fix the memory sizing routine runs well.

Now I got stuck in kernel_entry, when the bss is cleaned. There are two
adresses _edata and _end, which are set by the linker as I understand. On
my machine these are both zero, but they shouldn't be, I think.

I'm not familiar with the linker internals nor with the ecoff file format,
so could some, please, make some suggestions to solve the problem!

Thanks
Frieder