Re: Final Oops =)

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Final Oops =)
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@informatik.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 22:26:42 +0200 (MET DST)
> Finally, is there a reason that the 2.1.43 kernel source or patch isn't on
> any of the mirrors, or even ftp.fnet.fr?  I'm trying to grab the sources,
> but kernel.panic.julia.de won't accept my ftp sessions...

The machine no longer runs a FTP server - and it won't do again.  What I
made available is some snapshots from the CVS archive on ftp.linux.sgi.com.
Also while we don't have anonymous CVS on that machine running yet the CVS
archive is available for anonymous download in /cvs.  The reason why
I never did release an "official" kernel in the last time is that I wanted
to release something that is stable.  2.1.43 is definately not,  not on
any architecture.

Anyway - I'll be in California for the next two month and hack on
kernels.  More cool news to be announced in the near future - unfortunately
I'm not allowed to speak right now :-(