Re: various bin's

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: various bin's
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 23:18:38 +0200 (MEST)
> For one thing, is there a configuration document for milo?  I'd like to
> set up the ARC console to boot milo and then boot straight into Linux, but
> I don't know what filename to give the linux kernel, or what options to
> give to the ARC system.

here is the important part of my ARC enviroment:

OSLOADER=scsi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\milo
OSLOADEFILENAME=vmlinux
OSLOADPARTITION=
OSLOADOPTIONS=-k c:vmlinux
LOADIDENTIFIER=Linux

This loads milo from my 20mb FAT partition and tells it to load
c:vmlinux (also on that FAT partition). If you need more entries,
just add ;<new item> to every enviroment variable. Example:

OSLOADER=scsi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\milo;scsi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\milo
OSLOADEFILENAME=vmlinux;vmlinux.ok
OSLOADPARTITION=;
OSLOADOPTIONS=-k c:vmlinux;-k c:vmlinux.ok
LOADIDENTIFIER=Linux;Linux.ok

Thomas.

you have to be a sneaky bastard too ;-)