sendmail

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: sendmail
From: Ryan <ryan@ravage.labs.gmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 20:58:44 -0400 (EDT)
Well, I compiled sendmail with some changes to the original source.
Actually, I used the source from Debian 1.2 and applied the included
patch, but I still had to modify a few files.

I put pine, pilot, imapd, and pico in the /usr/bin directory, and they
seem OK.  Then I put sendmail in /usr/sbin, where pine expects to find it.
But when I tried to send my first e-mail, it sat at the "sending mail..."
prompt for a while, and then it crashed:

do_page_fault() #2: sending SIGSEGV to pine for illegal writeaccess to
7f7fffe8 (epc == 2aafea6c, ra == 2aafe950)
Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 7f7ffd70,
epc == 8001deec
killed

Can you figure anything out from this?  Stupidly, I stripped the binaries
=).

Is mise le meas,
Ryan Rafferty