Re: Filesystem

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Filesystem
From: Warner Losh <imp@rover.village.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 15:05:17 -0600
In message <Pine.LNX.3.96.970805163454.14833A-100000@ravage.labs.gmu.edu> Ryan
writes:
: I have a functioning filesystem now, using the old root-0.01 with the
: newer tar.gz files untarred on top of it--ie, glibc, fileutils, etc.  But
: mount refuses to behave correctly.  Whenever I try to mount a filesystem,
: be it ext2 or NFS, mount dies with a bus error.  Can anyone tell me what's
: going on with it?

How can you even boot if you can't mount the file systems?

Likely a mismatch between the mount binary and the kernel interface.
Beyond that, I can't say.  Do you have sources that you can compile?

Warner