NFS root stuff

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: NFS root stuff
From: Ryan <ryan@ravage.labs.gmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 18:58:27 -0400 (EDT)
Forgive me for sending dumb questions to this list every few days, but I'm
slowly working my way through my own ignorance =).

In my spare time I managed to port libg++ to the mipsel-linux target by
changing just a few lines of code, and I should be able to report whether
or not it works soon.

I finally got a working userland with the 2.1.43 kernel and the old
January, 96 root filesystem!  (Yay!)  I was able to create an ext2
filesystem on my SCSI disk and I'm about to try copying over the root FS
and booting directly from the hard disk, then I'll try updating with the
newer RPMs and stuff.

Thanks to all who have guided me towards this!

Ryan Rafferty