Re: SGI Indigo R3k?

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr, michael@erie.net
Subject: Re: SGI Indigo R3k?
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@informatik.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 18:32:06 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

>       I found the information on your web site absolutely fasinating! I am
> currious as to whether the effort will be supporting SGI's Indigo R3000,

The R3000 support is not developped very far ...

> and what type of graphics, I/O, etc. support will there be? I have used
> Linux in the past and had alot of fun with it....

RIght now we support the peripheral used in the Indy.  At least for now
the primary direction will be to support more of the available periphery
options for the Indy.  Current work is mostly directed to making the
SGI X Servers run under Linux binary compatilibity.

Oh, and of course we (cross fingers ...) support everything in the future,
there will never be again bugs, SGI will drop IRIX and more ;-)