2nd JAZZ SCSI patch

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: 2nd JAZZ SCSI patch
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 21:48:54 +0200 (MEST)
I've made a new diff file to bring up Linux/Mips (snapshot 970710) on my
Olivetti M700 including SCSI controller.

Important changes:

- changed mapping of interrupt levels. Most of the onboard devices
  now use interrupts > 15
- added configuration option for JAZZ_ESP
- fixed bug with freeing of vdma address space in floppy driver (looks
  like this one is present since a long time)

I also tried to fix the scsi chip detection and the sonic ethernet driver.
The chip detection works most of the time for me, but when it fails it
picks up fashme mode, which doesn't work with the fas216. So I hardcoded
the fas216 chip. If anybody has an idea to solve this, please mail me.
The sonic works now a little bit better, but it crashes evertime I try to
do some real work over NFS (it doesn't really crash, but it gives constant
NFS server fails, and I see checksum errors on my Alpha).

You can find the new patch on ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/people/tsbogend/mips/

There is also a patch for milo-0.27.1, which fixes elf2coff for machines
where long is 64bit wide (Alphas for example). The more important feature
of the patch s, that it disables the splitted read/writes for Olivetti
machines, which reduces boot time from harddisk to a few seconds.

Thomas.

you have to be a sneaky bastard too ;-)