Linux on DECStation 3100

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Linux on DECStation 3100
From: Bruce Moffatt <brucem@melb.cpr.itg.telstra.com.au>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 11:29:00 +1000 (EST)
Cc: brucem@melb.cpr.itg.telstra.com.au (Bruce Moffatt)
I am seeking help getting started with installing
Linux on a DECStation 3100.

I understand that the Linux Mips project is in
development at the moment, and that some people
have made progress towards getting a system
up on a DEC 3100. I have on available to me
for a little while, and am keen to have a try.

I have checked the Linux MIPS homepage at fnet.fr
and also had a look at the softway.com.au arcchive
site. I now need someone's assistance with
information about what I need to do to get
Linux onto the hard drive onto the 3100. I have
a network connection to an Ultrix LAN, and a
486 PC available running Linux 2.0.0.

I have tried to contact paul @ softway.com,
but I can't get a reply. If anyone can provide
a little assistance, or can point me to another
information source, I would be most grateful.

Cheers and merci,

Bruce Moffatt