Re: ftpd and tcpd

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: ftpd and tcpd
From: "David S. Miller" <davem@jenolan.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 06:05:10 -0400
   From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
   Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 11:45:47 +0200 (MET DST)

   I, btw, have used the kernel version from the CVS (except Miguel's
   console changes for X) for several days now without major problems
   on a Indy.  But I still haven't found where all the bad packets
   that my other machines spit out come from.  They're pretty annoying
   as they result in NFS timeouts, sometimes even lockups.

It's the sgiseeq driver, if it gets hit just right the receiver will
lock up.  I had a work around that would detect the situation and dump
the rx/tx rings, then reset the card, and it would continue to work.
Put some timeout in there to do something like that, this will help
you to track down this bug which I never was able to resolve.