Re: ftpd and tcpd

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: ftpd and tcpd
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@informatik.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 11:45:47 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

> Quick questions in trying to get tcpd and ftpd working. Both seem to call
> getpeername with a first argument of zero and fail with errno 95. I am
> running almost of runlevel three but not rpc portmap. Has anybody else
> seen this, or what is needed to get these to work ?

Are you using the fixed version of include/asm-mips/uaccess.h?  One
of the sympthoms of the old versions were such spurious errors that
may magically disappear when adding kernel debugging code.  Other
bugs related to userspace access were fixed in arch/mips/kernel/syscall.c.

I, btw, have used the kernel version from the CVS (except Miguel's
console changes for X) for several days now without major problems
on a Indy.  But I still haven't found where all the bad packets that
my other machines spit out come from.  They're pretty annoying as they
result in NFS timeouts, sometimes even lockups.