Re: linux on mips

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: linux on mips
From: Ryan <ryan@ravage.labs.gmu.edu>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 1997 23:38:20 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 6 Jul 1997, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> Depends on what you want to do.  The Indy is a nice workstation we
> support.  The SNI RM200 is more PC-like.  But if you are more out
> for building some special hardware, you probably want to go for an
> evaluation board.  I'm hacking on a P4032; several other people have
> done more or less complete ports to other eval boards for example
> from IDT.  If price is influences you choice most, then try to get
> something like a second hand Magnum 4000 or Olivetti M700.

While on the subject of buying MIPS boxes, I've had a hell of a time
trying to contact Siemens-Nixdorf to buy an RM200.  I've sent e-mail to
five different addresses on five separate occasions for the past two weeks
and I have yet to receive a good response!  The addresses I contacted in
Germany referred me to their California office, from which I never got a
response.  Does anybody know if SNI still sells RM200's and, if so, how
much they cost?

Thanks,
Ryan