Re: glibc

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: glibc
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@informatik.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 00:48:23 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

> I followed your instructions for building glibc, at least the configure
> part.  Configure almost gets everything right, but then it dies, giving
> the following message:
>
> >checking for assembler global-symbol directive... UNKNOWN
> >configure: error: cannot determine asm global directive
>
> Is this a problem with the command line, or my local Linux configuration?

It must be something with your local Linux configuration.  Normally
it should detect .globl as the asm global directive.  Check the output
of configure in the file config.log, maybe that helps.  If not have
fun ripping the configure script apart and see what goes wrong.

Can you compile (not link!) a tiny program like "foo(){}"?