glibc

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: glibc
From: Ryan Rafferty <ryan@ravage.labs.gmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 18:38:44 -0400 (EDT)
Having been frustrated in my last attempt to recompile a working
Linux/MIPS filesystem, I nuked my Linux/i386 system, reinstalled Debian
from scratch, and decided to get back on to the bull's back.

I grabbed the precompiled binutils and cross-compiler, and untarred them
from the root directory.  Then I untarred glibc-2.0.1 (again, from
ftp.fnet.fr) in my home directory.  Now configure seems to be confused;  I
made a file "configparms" and put the definitions for CC=mipsel-linux-gcc,
etc in it.  Then I typed "configure mipsel-linux" but it doesn't appear to
be incorporating the configparms definitions.  Instead, it tries to use
plain old gcc, ar, as, etc, instead of mipsel-linux-gcc, mipsel-linux-as,
etc.

Am I doing something wrong?

Ryan