Re: LINUX MIPS

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: LINUX MIPS
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@Julia.DE>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 21:44:44 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

> In message <199706201918.VAA31096@kernel.panic.julia.de> Ralf Baechle writes:
> : The N64 is not supported yet but someone is taking a stab at it.  So if
> : Nitendo-Linux ever happens it will still take a while.
>
> Would you need the special developer's kit to run Linux on the N64?
> Or would it run somehow off a cdrom or something.  How would
> disk/network devices fit into the picture?

A lot of unanswered questions.  I'm in mail contact with someone who is
trying to figure all the things involved with a N64 port.  But forgive,
as long as there is nothing available I'll treat such a project as
vaporware.  The N64 btw. has some extension capabilites, so the project
is not as impossible as it may sound; we also support it's processor.