Re: Cross compiling

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Cross compiling
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@informatik.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 16:33:26 +0200 (MET DST)

> Hi Ralf,
>
> > If the patch doesn´t apply it´s probably because You´ve did not pass the
> > -p<num> option to patch?
>
> Problem solved ... I did use the -p option, but I did _not_ use gnu patch,
> but rather the Solaris one. These seem to have different opinions about
> how a diff file has to look ...

(I now can see The ExSolarinator grin once again :-)

There is a couple more of vendor utilities that you should exchange if
you want to use the Linux etc. sources with least possible changes.
Among them the findutils, bash (install bash as /bin/bash), diff
(Stun's diff / patch doen't know about unified context diff; diff
has bugs that can turn your live into hell), GNU M4, gawk and some
more.  In fact, do yourself a favour and install all the GNU stuff.