libc

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: libc
From: Ryan Rafferty <ryan@ravage.labs.gmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 18:50:39 -0400 (EDT)
Since the TLB code for the Magnum is fubar, I'm sticking with the
much-outdated 2.0.21 kernel until either I or someone else can figure out
how to fix 2.1.36.  With that in mind, I'm looking for the version of libc
that will work with the '.21 kernel.  On fnet, I found that the latest
libc in the archive was released on 06/19/96 (June 19, 1996) but I haven't
unpacked it yet to see which version it is.

If I recompile the userland packages against libc-960619, will the 2.0.21
kernel be able to boot to a shell?

PS--when I received the free AUI->10b2 transceiver that Lantronix so
nicely gave away, I recompiled a kernel to include support for the Sonic
ethernet controller, but the kernel couldn't find it on my Magnum.  I
suppose this may be a discrepency between the Magnums and the Olivetti, or
because I'm using an outdated kernel.  In any case, the ne2000 driver
works well.

Is mise le meas,
Ryan Rafferty