Re: working 2.1.36 on magnum/m700 ?

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: working 2.1.36 on magnum/m700 ?
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 00:02:09 +0200 (MEST)
> The code which loads the wired entries into the tlb is borken.  Somewhen
> during the startup the c0_wired register is set again to zero.

does this mean, that there are no wired entries installed for Magnum boards
(the code looks like this) ? How will such a kernel work ?

> Maybe a got time to get rid of those entries?  48 entries is just not enough
> to wire many of them.

sorry, I don't quite understand that. Do you want to get rid of the wired
entries, because 48 TLBs aren't enough for normal usage ? Do you want to
use page faults to map hardware registers ?

Thomas.

you have to be a sneaky bastard too ;-)