Re: DECstation documentation ...

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: DECstation documentation ...
From: paul@suede.sw.oz.au (Paul Antoine)
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 09:11:36 +1000 (EST)
Michael Engel wrote:

> Hi to all you DECstation porters ...
>
> Some minutes ago, I browsed through the Mach sources for DECstations
> and found the names of some DEC specs for DECstations we would
> surely like to have ...

Yep - Mach is very useful in that regard. I had previously passed
these names on to Maddog to try to find within DEC... but he didn't
have much luck last time (though I think he was insanely busy at the
time too... :-)

> To make the story short - I did a web search for the email address
> of the author of most of the files (his name is Alessandro Forin)
> and found his email address at CMU ! I mailed him just a minute ago
> - perhaps he still has some of the specs lying around.

Good work!

> I also talked to John "Maddog" Hall at the Linux Kongress; he
> promised to look for the specs once more ... so, there's still hope
> ;)

Indeed - Maddog has already spent quite a bit of time searching for
these, so we should find some appropriate way to thank him methinx,
particularly if he manages to get hold of them!

Regards,
Paul