Re: GNU libc sources

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: GNU libc sources
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@informatik.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 04:48:08 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

> Great, I just rebuilt everything with the libc-961216.tar.gz and binutils
> 2.7-4 and Apache built just fine. If you tell me where you uploaded the
> glibc I will try it also.

ftp.fnet.fr and kernel.panic.julia.de.  Both are however not yet online.
If you're in a hurry try

  http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~linux/glibc-2.0.1-1.tar.gz

and enjoy our lousy pipe.  Hey, at that time it might even work ...

> As far as the SCSI driver it seems that you need both the uncached access
> space and the cacheflush commands in a few key spots. I'm not sure why
> right now but as soon as I find out I will send you the file. Before the
> end of the week I should be done.

Great.  I'm also working on the stuff.  The NCR driver contains some
bugs; probably more drivers are affected by this effect.  The driver
assumes that

  virt_to_bus(virt_to_bus(ptr)) == virt_to_bus(ptr)

and as implemented on Intel and Alpha the Linux kernel tolerates that.