Re: Magnum SCSI (fwd)

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Magnum SCSI (fwd)
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@informatik.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 11:29:13 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

> Hmmm. Line 530 of esp.c in the linux-mips-2.0.21 kernel says
>
> case esp100:
>       return "Sparc ESP100 (NCR53C90)";

ESP is Sparc language.  MIPS calls the same chip ASC which stands for
Advanced SCSI Controller.

> That looks like a start. I wonder if the chip in the Magnum 4000 is the 53C90
> or
> another rev. I looked in my 4000 SC and it's got a Western Digital chip.

In the various members of the Jazz family if so far seen 53C94 and
FAS216 chips.  We might have to deal with other chips also but using esp.c
as base should cover almost all if not all of these cases, so probably
all you need to take care of is the Jazz DMA engine.