Re: Magnum SCSI (fwd)

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Magnum SCSI (fwd)
From: Ryan Rafferty <ryan@ravage.labs.gmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 15:24:55 -0400 (EDT)
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 13:35:49 -0500
From: "Dempsey, Charles" <cdemps@lsumc.edu>

Ryan Rafferty wrote:

> I posted a request for help with writing a SCSI driver for the NCR 53c90
> chipset in the Magnum, and someone replied that the Sun ESP driver has
> support for that chipset.  I looked at esp.h, and it does mention the
> 53c90.  Does anyone know if there's a reason that driver couldn't be made
> to work with the MIPS port?

Hmmm. Line 530 of esp.c in the linux-mips-2.0.21 kernel says

case esp100:
        return "Sparc ESP100 (NCR53C90)";

That looks like a start. I wonder if the chip in the Magnum 4000 is the 53C90
or
another rev. I looked in my 4000 SC and it's got a Western Digital chip.

Ryan, please relay this message to linux-mips@fnet.fr.

Charles