Re: Binutils for IRIX

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Subject: Re: Binutils for IRIX
From: Martin Knoblauch <knobi@munich.sgi.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 09:51:06 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Sender: knobi@munich.sgi.com
Ralf Baechle wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm uploading crosscompiler binaries of the GNU binutils 2.7
> for little and big endian targets to ftp.fnet.fr and
> kernel.panic.julia.de.  The binaries have been built on
> IRIX 6.2 for the o32 ABI.
>
>   Ralf

Ralf,

 due to problems with GNU support vs. IRIX 6.x, I would advise
that one should configure all packages that deal with binary
code for mips-sgi-irix-5.3 (--host, --target and --build).
This makes life a bit easier. See this URL for a bit more
of the gory details. The problems will hopefully be resolved
in future versions of binutils and gcc.

http://reality.sgi.com/knobi/gcc-2.7.2.x-on-irix-6.2-6.3

 Built for 5.3, you should be able to put the stuff on a
5.3 build system as an additional benfit.

Martin
|Martin Knoblauch                 | Silicon Graphics GmbH             |
|Manager Technical Marketing      | Am Hochacker 3 - Technopark       |
|Silicon Graphics Computer Systems| D-85630 Grasbrunn-Neukeferloh, FRG|
|http://reality.sgi.com/knobi     | Fax:   (+int) 89 46107-179        |
|e-mail: <knobi@munich.sgi.com>   | VM: 6-333-8197 | M/S: IDE-3150    |