Re: Linux on MIPS RC3xxx boxes ?

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Linux on MIPS RC3xxx boxes ?
From: "Richard Ingram" <rji@bristol.st.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 13:52:39 +0100
> Lots of later MIPS based boxes were based on these designs, which presumeably
> were licensed by MIPS to people like DEC.  This means that they have always
> been an implicit target, with several people (including myself) keen to
> proceed when time permitted.  David Monro has recently joined us and is
> throwing his efforts at the Magnums... so progress has been better in the
> last few weeks.

Ok got my second RC3330 today, both are memory less, they take 30 pin SIMMS ala
Sun3/60 I believe ?

What is the bank arrangement/min memory using 1MB SIMMS ? Any special jumpers
to connect ? I also got a second 3/60 so one of them can be cannibalised to try
and get a serial version of Linux up on the RC3330 (suppose the only way is via
floppy at the moment ??).

A general Linux/Mips query now, are any offboard Ethernet cards supported yet ?
I have a number of DEC DEPCA? Ethernet cards (which have Linux drivers in the
x86 Linux world) which I am using in my PC and would want to use thin ethernet
on my Magnum 4000 and RC3330's ? Any hope ?

Thanks for your time,

Rich.