Re: DS2100/3100/5100 owners: try this kernel

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: DS2100/3100/5100 owners: try this kernel
From: Stu Allen <allens@vivanet.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 07:52:49 -0400 (EDT)

> In the meantime I have uploaded a revised kernel binary, that will hopefully
> correctly size memory on the DS2100/3100/5100 (Hi Stu!)... please tell me
> if it gets further than the last one.  It is:

Well, sadly it does not.  It gets as far as the version banner, and then it
blows up with a stack dump.  Hmmm.  I didn't think to check if it was the
same or different as the last one.  Please let me know if that would be useful
information and I'll check tonight.  What I really ought to do is scrounge up
a cable so I can hook my laptop up as the console!

Hopefully sometime this week I'll be able to build a new Linux (i386) box so
I can start taking a look at the current source tree.

                Stu