The new kernel...

Subject: The new kernel...
From: Amit Margalit <amitm@amitpc.iso.dec.com>
Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 16:33:15 +0300 (IDT)
Sender: amitm@amitpc.iso.dec.com (Amit-Margalit)
Sender: amitm@amitpc.iso.dec.com
Paul,

My DECstation 5000/150 said the following on the issue of the new kernel:

Found a REX compatible boot prom

and then it starts booting normally until it gets to the point where it says
This DECstation is a 5100/1x0
Eeeek! I don't know how to set these up!

What do you need in order that it will know how to set it up correctly?

Can you write a short program to read the ROM and write it to a file?

        Amit

Amit Margalit - Author of XBanner: http://physics.fullerton.edu/XBanner/
All information in the above mail message is personal, and does not
imply on my employer. None of it should be attributed to my employer.