Re: boot code stuff

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: boot code stuff
From: paul@suede.sw.oz.au (Paul Antoine)
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 23:22:40 +1000 (EST)
David Monro wrote:

> A 2.1.14 code snapshot would be great - I'm working off 2.1.1 at the moment.

It's uploaded, and should appear at fnet within the hour.  It's at:

  ftp://ftp.fnet.fr/linux-mips/ftp.softway.com.au/linux-2.1.14.2.dec.tar.gz

> How hard would it be to make a patch against that rather than me clogging up
> your link with the whole 6MB

...yuk... almost as big... well, not quite, but I don't have the 2.1.1.dec
source tree on my filesystem anymore...

> (can't figure out why I only get 1.7k/s to your site - you are only about
> 6 hops away and most of them are multi-megabit.

...except the last one which is 28.8kbps... we promise to upgrade to ISDN
Real Soon Now(tm). FTP'ing from France may prove quicker...!

> I'd do better getting you to batch it to me via mhs over the modem in our
> machine room you use for a newsfeed, 'cept I don't think it is set up
> properly for that :-))

Well, I have no trouble doing a netftp via basser, so maybe it is set up
right... don't know how to upload though...??

[For those confused by the last exchange, David is connected via the
 University of Sydney, which is just 500m from Softway, we get our newsfeed
 from them.]

Paul