Re: boot code stuff

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: boot code stuff
From: paul@suede.sw.oz.au (Paul Antoine)
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 21:01:38 +1000 (EST)
David Monro wrote:

> I remember people saying on the list a little while ago that the PROM on
> the DECstation 3100 (I think) was very similar to the MIPS 32xx one. Do
> I remember correctly? If so, could someone provide me with some sort of
> code for the DEC one so I can attack the MIPS properly?

How about I upload a 2.1.14.2.dec snapshot from which you can extract some
code?  Or, you could add your big-endian patches and use that kernel
instead.  Send me the big-endian patches when you have them if you like,
and I'll throw them in for Ralf to integrate...

I'll let you know when you can grab the current snapshot!  Other DECStation
hackers can play too, but must promise not to whinge about crufty bits of
daggy code... though you should all feel free to send patches/corrections.

[N.B. The term 'daggy' is Australian and is a reference to the crusty
      bits of wool that hang from the back end of a sheep. :-]

Paul