Re: xxx called nonatomically from...

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: xxx called nonatomically from...
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@informatik.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 12:38:22 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: tim@cobaltmicro.com
Hi,

>   I'm trying to get my interrupt structure straight on an Algorithmics
> P4032 board with a RM5230 from QED. The interrupts seem to be working fine,
> however, I am getting: gfp called nonatomically from interrupt 00000000
> (and)
>           kmalloc called...
>
>    I saw a note in the sources that this has something to do with the
> caches. What exactly is going on here? Thanks.

That is not directly related to a cache problem.  In the past this message
has been frequently caused by cache problems.  The messages you're getting
are from kmalloc when being called with another priority than GFP_ATOMIC.
This is illegal because with other priorities the kernel might have to
sleep for example when paging.  Interrupts however may not sleep.  There
is a zillion other bugs that might cause this.

Who is calling kmalloc?