RE: Your Linux-Port on a SNI RM200

To: "'linux-mips@fnet.fr'" <linux-mips@fnet.fr>
Subject: RE: Your Linux-Port on a SNI RM200
From: Philippe Jung <jung@esemetz.ese-metz.fr>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 10:06:00 +0200
Hi,

I have used a RM200 a year ago, so I hope what I say is correct : -)

I think you have to change Firmware. Doing it, you will be able to use floppy
disk for booting. There is a floppy disk called sitont. In the firmware
monitor, you choose the option change firmware (I am not sure of the name) and
you insert the disk.

Just another thing, if I am not mistaken, changing firmware require settling
processor in Big Endian thought it was in Little Endian for Sinix. If  you have
a new RM, it is automaticly done, bt if your RM is quite old, you'll have to
change a jumper inside it.

Philippe JUNG (Philippe.Jung@Supelec.fr)
4 Place Edouard Branly, 57070 METZ, FRANCE
http://www.ese-metz.fr/~jung/

<<application/ms-tnef>>