Your Linux-Port on a SNI RM200

To: "'linux-mips@fnet.fr'" <linux-mips@fnet.fr>
Subject: Your Linux-Port on a SNI RM200
From: "Robert M. Albrecht" <romal@informatik.uni-bremen.de>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 08:31:51 +0100
Encoding: 28 TEXT
Hello,

I?ve got an used SNI RM200-120 :-)

Sadly, the whole documentation and the key (for opening the case) is
missing. It is only the box, a CD-ROM Sinix V5.42  and the keyboard. I have
attached my VGA-Monitor and a PS/2-style mouse.

According to the self-diagnosis this machine is equipped with 32MB RAM and
a MIPS 4600. Built in s a harddisk (booting Sinix), a CD-Rom (looks like a
toshiba) and a standard-cartridge-streamer (looks like tandberg)..

I want to get Linux on this box and get rid of this ridiculous Sinix.

I have gotten into the firmware-monitor, by guessing I tried:

boot floppy()milo

but the firmwares complains

couldn?t determine fs type
Coudln?t load floppy()milo

Do you have any ideas how to boot these machine ? Do have know how to
install Windows NT on this box ?

cu romal