Re: Shablamm!

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Shablamm!
From: khp@dolphinics.no (Kai Harrekilde-Petersen)
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 17:04:12 +0200 (MET DST)
Warner Losh writes:
> In message <199705142315.BAA25701@informatik.uni-koblenz.de>
> Systemkennung Linux writes:
> : It's just that VLB machine have become rare in the meantime ...
>
> Not too bad here in the states.  You can fairly easily get a $75
> motherboard with 486 generation of CPU that has VLB.  Or you can pay
> the same price and get PCI.

Speaking of plug-in MIPS cards: Getting hold of one of Galileo's
demo-boards with a R4600 + their GT64012(?) PCI bridge would be a neat
thing.  I remember seeing an errata-list (under NDA), but don't recall
anything disastrous (but then I didn't look hard).

Kai
--
Kai Harrekilde-Petersen    <khp@dolphinics.no>    #include <std/disclaimer.h>
http://www.dolphinics.no/~khp/          Linux: the choice of a GNU generation