Re: Shablamm!

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Shablamm!
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@informatik.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 01:15:11 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

> I am thinking about buying a Shablamm! Nitro VLB card.  This is quite an
> unusual animal--a MIPS R4600 with 32 megs of (what I've been told) cache,
> and designed to run NT.
>
> Does anyone know much about this card?  I saw mention of it on the
> homepage.  I'm probably gonna buy it anyway, since it's such a unique and
> wierd thing =).

We don't know too many technical details about the card.  The card is
only on the list on potential targets because the German retailer
(IDT??? Can't remember for shure ...) once offered one to US for
porting Linux to.

Probably the card is an relatively easy target for porting NT to as
it only uses it's host PC's peripherals.

It's just that VLB machine have become rare in the meantime ...