execution failing

To: "Mips List" <linux-mips@fnet.fr>
Subject: execution failing
From: Elias Kesh <elias@scruznet.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 97 00:08:04 +0100
Question. I am trying to load and elf file (sh, the first file the kernel
tries to execute) and it's failing. It seems as if it's trying to load it
at 0x400000 which is a physical address. The function do_load_elf_binary
in fs/binfmt_elf.c returns no error, but when it tries to pad zeros or
execute it starting at 0x400000 logical it dies. Is there some mapping
that has to go on that I have failed to set up ? I am using version
2.0.21 of the kernel on the Algorithmics P4032 board with a 5230
processor from QED.

Thanks,

Elias
Elias@kesh.com