New DECStation kernel binary to try...

Subject: New DECStation kernel binary to try...
From: paul@suede.sw.oz.au (Paul Antoine)
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 11:45:44 +1000 (EST)
Hi folks,

I have uploaded another test kernel binary for DECStation people to
try:

  ftp://ftp.fnet.fr/linux-mips/ftp.softway.com.au/dec_vmlinux.2.1.14.test3.gz

It should be at fnet shortly.

Features of this wonder of co-operative engineering:

        Should now print on DS2100/3100's and maybe the DS5100 (cross
        fingers and hope, Stu :-) The previous test2 binary didn't
        work due to a *dumb* bug on my part... :-(

        Now distinguishes more types of DECStations, and has
        machine-specific setup code for each.

        May, in fact, show BogoMIPS on most machines...

        Will, in fact, die in the tlb load exception handler! (This is
        the current bug under investigation.)

Please try it and report your findings on the mailing list.

Regards,
Paul