Re: 5100 DECsystem

To: Paul Antoine <paul@suede.sw.oz.au>
Subject: Re: 5100 DECsystem
From: Emanuele John Gelsi <s100962@student.uq.edu.au>
Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 18:05:21 +1000 (GMT+1000)
On Sun, 11 May 1997, Paul Antoine wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
Hi..

> > The box comes in the same case as my Micro-Vax 3100, which is how I found
> > the reference...
>
> Ahhh.... what are the Micro-Vaxen?? Are they MIPS-based, or really Vax
> microprocessor systems?
No, they are true Vax based systems.. The only real difference between a
MicroVax 3100 and a Vaxstation 3100 is the lack of a framebuffer..

> Thanks - I'm writing the code to assume a 3100 with R3000, so we'll see
> what happens!
The 3100/2100 was actually listed as having a SCSI bus yet the 5100 was
listed as N/A... Weird..

Andrew
(Playing around with a UDB tonight that has a dead floppy)