Good news for hackers of MIPS Co. machines

Subject: Good news for hackers of MIPS Co. machines
From: paul@suede.sw.oz.au (Paul Antoine)
Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 14:41:09 +1000 (EST)
Hi folks,

I've just downloaded the MK84 release of Mach 3.0, and have been tooling around
in the source for the MIPS machines it supports.  I have discovered that
the 2100/3100 and DS5000/200 machines are near copies of MIPSen... the
boot prom entry points are almost the same!  The only difference I've found
is the PUTCHAR call which is offset 12 on MIPSen and 13 on DECStations...

This would seem to indicate that support for the MIPSen will follow quite
quickly on the heels of the DECStations... especially given the progress
that David Monro seems to be making.

Paul