Re: DECstation stuff

To: linux-mips@guadalquivir.fnet.fr
Subject: Re: DECstation stuff
From: paul@suede.sw.oz.au (Paul Antoine)
Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 08:17:51 +1000 (EST)
Trevor Schroeder wrote:

> This may seem kind of wacky, but lacking any nice docs like the one describing
> KN02, why not poke around /usr/sys/machine/mips/kn*h on ULTRIX to get a feel
> for the other firmwares?  Or am I missing something?

This kind of information is fine, but doesn't tell you how to talk to the
chips, for instance, just where they are.  Common chips like the LANCE
ethernet chip are fine anyway - we do just need to know where it is in the
address map - however talking to the Personal DECStation's Access.Bus keyboard
and mouse interface is another thing entirely... let alone the special ASIC's
used in some models (many functions of which are obvious, fortunately!).

If someone would tar up the Ultrix header files, I'd appreciate it... I
forgot to do this prior to erasing my Ultrix partition. :-)

Paul