fading support for mips1 cpus :-(

To: linux-mips@guadalquivir.fnet.fr
Subject: fading support for mips1 cpus :-(
From: David Monro <davidm@fuzzbox.psrg.cs.usyd.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 04:04:59 +1000 (EST)
Sender: davidm@fuzzbox.psrg.cs.usyd.edu.au
Has the code for mips1 (ie R3000) cpus been neglected recently? I'm trying to
compile a kernel for a Magnum 3000 (yes I don't expect it to work yet), and I'm
running into trouble.

First, asm/atomic.h, we have

typedef struct { int counter; } atomic_t

and then we do thinks like - atomic_t *v;

*v += i;

which doesn't compile. Changing all the *v things to v->counter fixes this
(this is in the _MIPS_ISA_MIPS1 section).

The next problem is that someone has used ll and sc instructions (mips2+) in
asm/softirq.c: clear_active_bhs()

I have no idea what to do with this one - someone like to write a mips1 version
for me?

        David