Re: Frieder's 3100 errors

To: linux-mips@guadalquivir.fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Frieder's 3100 errors
From: Frieder Streffer <frist@lehr.chem.tu-berlin.de>
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 15:40:34 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 5 May 1997, Paul Antoine wrote:

> Frieder wrote:
>
> > no, sorry the kernel craches immedeatly after the boot with
> >
> > Excptn    : <vtr=NRML>
> > Excptn pc : 0x300800d
> > CReg      : 0x10
> > SReg      : 0x30080000
> > Vaddr     : 0x304800d
> > Sp        : 0xa17fc0000
> >
> > I don't get any message of the kernel, so something with the PROM call
> > might be wrong.
>
> Indeed it probably is.  I'll send some information to let you do some
> tests of the PROM call info. I extracted out of Mach.
>
> Regards,
> Paul
> Paul M. Antoine,                                      Net: paul@sw.oz.au
> Softway Pty Ltd                                               WWW:
> www.softway.com.au
> PO Box 305, Strawberry Hills, NSW 2012, Australia       Tel: +61 2 9698 2322
> Level 2, 79 Myrtle St, Chippendale, NSW 2008, Australia Fax: +61 2 9699 9174
>
> "It is the lack of acceptance of diversity which threatens to
>  destroy society, NOT the free expression of it." - Me.

Hi,
yep, I will have a look to it.
I recently searched the netbsd sources for their PROM calling code, which is
quite easy. Hopefully, I will be able to cook something out of it. I
don't have any info/doc about the DS3100 PROM except for the entry of its
jumptable! Has someone information aboute the routines further than the
comments in dec_prom.h from netbsd??

regards,
  Frieder