bfsd-1.0 released

To: linux-mips@guadalquivir.fnet.fr
Subject: bfsd-1.0 released
From: David Monro <davidm@fuzzbox.psrg.cs.usyd.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 03:15:18 +1000 (EST)
Cc: paul@suede.sw.oz.au
Sender: davidm@fuzzbox.psrg.cs.usyd.edu.au
For those of us whe are messing with the Magnum 4000SC, I have implemented and
tested a bfs server for it. It seems capable of getting the machine to run sash
and to boot the RISCos kernel (which promptly falls over because I don't have
any disks on the machine :-))

The place to get it is:
ftp://ftp.cs.usyd.edu.au/davidm/bfsd-1.0.tar.gz

Should compile on most posix systems I think, but developed under linux/x86.
Bugs etc please let me know...

(btw I now have enough gear set up to develop for the 4000 from home - the
serial console on it is plugged into the serial port on another machine and I
can powercycle it (if I get desperate) using an x10 controller from another
linux box. I compile on a third linux box and tcpdump on a 4th which happens to
be on the same piece of thinnet. I then talk to it all via my ppp link - and it
works!).

        David