mailing list enquiry

To: linux-mips@guadalquivir.fnet.fr
From: Mark Salter <marks@sun470.rd.qms.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 11:20:35 -0500

Hi,

I work for a company which manufactures embedded systems based
on MIPS cpus. Primarily, the 4300 but we have an R5000 controller
in prototype and we are soon to have an R5400 controller.
"Embedded" is a bit misleading in that typical controllers for
us have an IDE or SCSI hard drive and 32 - 128 MB of RAM and
TCP/IP hardware.

We are currently exploring a linux port to our controllers which
is the reason I am sending this note. I have a firm committment
from management to allow me a great deal of time to attempt to
bring up linux on our controller. I would like to be added to the
linux-mips developers mailing list in order to establish contact
with the people involved with the ongoing mips port.

Thank You,

Mark Salter
Member of Technical Staff
QMS, Inc.