Re: DECStation update...

Subject: Re: DECStation update...
From: Trevor Schroeder <>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 09:33:44 -0500 (CDT)
Other-stuff: localhost Trevor Schroeder tschroed
On Fri, 2 May 1997, Paul Antoine wrote:

> There are source trees and sample binaries in there, including one called
> linux.2.1.1.dec.tar.gz  which is a version of Ralf's 2.1.1 that actually
> compiles on an R3000... though I have a fuzzy memory that the problem you're
> seeing was solved some other way, and can't remember it just yet.

There is a minor problem with the 2.1.1.dec tree:  arch/mips/kernel/bitags.c
(If I recall correctly) doesn't #include <asm/string.h>, so memcpy isn't
defined and it will puke if you try to compile it out of the box.  Otherwise
it works fine.

The NOOP command always succeeds.           It does nothing.

Trevor Schroeder