Re: DECStation update...

To: linux-mips@guadalquivir.fnet.fr
Subject: Re: DECStation update...
From: paul@suede.sw.oz.au (Paul Antoine)
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 22:56:59 +1000 (EST)
Hi folks,

Ralf and Trevor have been saying:

> > > Well, the problem is the source.  Paul's DECstation source tree is
> > > probably completly out of sync with mine.  We'll fix that rsn.  Paul,
> > > maybe you have a tree more suitable for DECstations for ftp at Softway?

All the Softway source is mirrored up at fnet at the address:

        /linux-mips/ftp.softway.com.au/

There are source trees and sample binaries in there, including one called
linux.2.1.1.dec.tar.gz  which is a version of Ralf's 2.1.1 that actually
compiles on an R3000... though I have a fuzzy memory that the problem you're
seeing was solved some other way, and can't remember it just yet.

> > I have just tried playing around with paul's 2.1.1 dec source, and
> > I still managed to get errors from the assembler......

So you got 2.1.1.dec.tar.gz??

> It definately is.

I'm fairly certain it hasn't been in the past... just can't remember!

Regards,
Paul