Re: Linux/MIPS 2.1.36 uploaded

To: linux-mips@guadalquivir.fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Linux/MIPS 2.1.36 uploaded
From: Ryan Rafferty <ryan@ravage.labs.gmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 04:06:33 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 1 May 1997, Systemkennung Linux wrote:

>  - Support for R4000/R4400 SC/MC style second level caches.  This means
>    Linux should now be working (modulo a stupid bug that kills all machines
>    that are wireing TLB entries on startup.) for machines like the
>    Mips Magnum 4000SC and the Millenium.

If the bug is simple, how hard would it be for me to fix it?  Is it
trivial?

I think the gentleman who was inquiring about the NEC Mips server he had
would be interested in the 4400 SC support, since apparently his machine
is very similar to the Magnum 4000SC.  Oh yeah, does anyone on this list
have a Magnum 4000SC?  If so, do you know how it compares in performance
to the 4000PC?

> The good news for you is that I'll be in the Silicon Valley next week,
> so use this week ;-)

I hope you enjoy your trip!  Now's definitely the time to travel there,
though--any later and it would be too hot, IMHO.

Ciao,
Ryan Rafferty