Booted your latest kernel...

Subject: Booted your latest kernel...
From: Amit Margalit <>
Date: Thu, 01 May 1997 15:09:52 +0300 (IDT)
Sender: (Amit-Margalit)
Hi Paul!

Here are the results of booting that last kernel you released on my

Copyright (C) Paul...

Linux version 2.1.14 (paul@slither)... #161 Sun Apr 27 20:21:21 EST 1997

Found memory size: 98304MB      - shouldn't this say KB?
I-Cache size: OK
D-Cache size: OK
System has firmware type: TCF0
This DECStation is a: DS5000/1x0
Registering console!
Registered console!
Registered console!
Got the following for the osconsole env. variable: 1,3
No idea what console to use!
Added tags
Setup complete, launching kernel...
Kernel panic: Yeee, unsupported mmu/cache architecture.

And there it hung.

*** This time it rebooted Ultrix fine on first attempt, without init'ing at
    the >> prompt.

Amit Margalit - Author of XBanner:
All information in the above mail message is personal, and does not
imply on my employer. None of it should be attributed to my employer.