Re: DECStation update...

To: linux-mips@guadalquivir.fnet.fr
Subject: Re: DECStation update...
From: paul@suede.sw.oz.au (Paul Antoine)
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 12:35:49 +1000 (EST)
Ralf wrote:

> > the kernel? It's not getting past the code at kernel_entry in head.S due to
> > R4K'isms in that portion of the code (due to R4K coders setting the
> > assembler to 'noreorder' then assuming all MIPS CPU's have 'some'
> > interlocks as does the R4K... :-)
>
> Could you tell me where these R4k'isms are?

I don't know yet where the problem may lie in head.S, as I haven't got
beyond deciding that this area is the right place to look.  I am now very
familiar with the R3000 CPU's tendency to crash in weird ways when encountering
such situations, and it seems to me that this is what's happening at the
moment.  I have already had to fix R4K stuff in header files such as system.h
for the cli/sti macros...

Regards,
Paul