Re: Unidentified subject!

To: linux-mips@guadalquivir.fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Unidentified subject!
From: Ryan Rafferty <rraffer1@osf1.gmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 14:10:30 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 25 Apr 1997, Colin C. H. Ling wrote:

> I have an NEC RISCserver 2200 dual processor R4400 and I would like to have
> more information on the port of Linux/MIPS.

Colin, I don't know if the NEC machines have been tried with Linux/MIPS
yet.  They are ARC systems, so it shouldn't be to difficult to get it to
work--most of the currently working machines are ARC.  To be sure,
however, only one processor will work at this point.

Try looking at http://www.fnet.fr/linux-mips/ and go from there.  FNet has
the latest version of everything related to the project.

Unfortunately, while it is possible at this time to cross-compile a
Linux/MIPS kernel and get it to boot from the supported platforms, it is
impossible to compose a functioning system from the binaries on FNet
because the root filesystem is way out of date.  Wait for Ralf to release
a new set of libraries and maybe a new root filesystem image.

Ryan