Re: Unidentified subject!

Subject: Re: Unidentified subject!
From: Ryan Rafferty <>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 14:10:30 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 25 Apr 1997, Colin C. H. Ling wrote:

> I have an NEC RISCserver 2200 dual processor R4400 and I would like to have
> more information on the port of Linux/MIPS.

Colin, I don't know if the NEC machines have been tried with Linux/MIPS
yet.  They are ARC systems, so it shouldn't be to difficult to get it to
work--most of the currently working machines are ARC.  To be sure,
however, only one processor will work at this point.

Try looking at and go from there.  FNet has
the latest version of everything related to the project.

Unfortunately, while it is possible at this time to cross-compile a
Linux/MIPS kernel and get it to boot from the supported platforms, it is
impossible to compose a functioning system from the binaries on FNet
because the root filesystem is way out of date.  Wait for Ralf to release
a new set of libraries and maybe a new root filesystem image.