Re: GGI on Alpha

To: linux-mips@guadalquivir.fnet.fr
Subject: Re: GGI on Alpha
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@informatik.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 08:57:02 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

> I got my Alpha system running the 2.0.22 kernel and it's a great Linux
> box.  I've been following the advance of the GGI project for a while, and
> I've got a question--is there any underlying reason why the GGI kernel
> modifications wouldn't compile on non-Intel versions of Linux, or is it
> just a case of not having been tried yet?

The real problem is probably more that GGI has been discussed very
religiously with one of the core arguments against GGI being that
it was implying a lot of kernel bloat.  GGI has been cured of at least
this main desease.  I'm not shure, but I think for the non-Intel world
the core GGI problem might now be that we can't use the card's BIOSes.