Context diff of DS3100/DS2100 patch?

To: linux-mips
Subject: Context diff of DS3100/DS2100 patch?
From: paul@suede.sw.oz.au (Paul Antoine)
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 12:24:24 +1000 (EST)
Hi folks,

Frieder wrote:

> here the patch for the smallest DECstations.
> Well, it gets a little further than the calibrate_delay().
> The hardware setup is done completely without the PROM.
> Also included are the console code of Michael Engel and most of the patch
> of Harald Koerfgen.

Cool!  Can you send the context diff as Ralf suggested as soon as you can?
I ask because I have some time this week, but things will get busy next
week when I'm back at work.  The context diff will make it a *lot* quicker
to integrate the code...

> The memory detection relies on the dbe exception when reading as
> physically non-existing memory location. This should be ok, hopefully,
> for all DECstation.

I think so...

> I could only test the code on some DS3100/DS2100.

I'll test it on the 5000's...

> I altered arch/mips/dec/int-handler.S quite a bit, and I'm pretty shure
> that it'll not run on other machines, but it might be enough to correct
> the jump table.

I'll see how it goes... I think I have enough documentation to fix this
for the 5000's.  I've just got Ralf's experimental 2.1.14.2 booting again
on my 5000, so I'm keen to throw your code into that.

Regards,
Paul